Monday, November 24, 2008

I Need Africa More than Africa Needs Me.

I need Africa more than Africa needs me. To many this statement sounds backwards. when , looking at this Globally isn't Africa the country that is going through so much turmoil, poverty, and hurt. People are starting to understand that Africa is a country that needs assistance from other nations that are better off, but what this statement does is help one understand that Africa could be the Nation actually helping us. How so? I think people can learn from Africa and it's people. About what is really important in life. here in the United States many citizens ultimate goal is to have that "American Dream" Live in a great home, drive a nice car, and have a career that provides for your family. All of that i feel is a great goal to have, but Africa goals are much simpler than that because of the lack of resources. Surviving and having a meal each night, and being able to take care of themselves and one's family if one becomes ill, are more important things to that Nation. I don't think this statement means that we don't continue to help Africa. There is so little that we can share that will help people in the nation tremendously with things we take for granted here in America. So yes i need Africa, to keep me humble to help me remember that as a christian it is my duty to reach all the Nations and do what i can to spread God's goodness, and to help me realise how fortunate i am to love in a place where i have endless freedoms to do as i please and the resources to become all that i can be.

1 comment:

AnnieBlogs said...

Nicole, Thanks so much for blogging about Mocha Club. We want to send you a little thank you, but I can't find your email address. DOH! :) Will you send it to me again?

Sincerely,
Annie

annieblogs [at] gmail [dot] com